What are the Limitations of Indexed Views in SQL Server ?
Some of the limitations with Indexed views are...
- UNION Operation is now allowed in Indexed View.
- We cannot create an Index on a nested View situation means we cannot create an index on a view that is built from another view.
- SELF JOIN Not Allowed in Indexed View.
- Outer Join Not Allowed in Indexed Views.
- Cross Database Queries Not Allowed in Indexed View.
- The view must be created WITH SCHEMABINDING option
- ANSI_NULLS needs to be set for all existing tables that will be referenced in the view.
- Indexed Views cannot contain text, ntext, image, filestream, or XML columns.